Fat is the most important component in a Ketogenic diet. All of your energy comes from your fat intake- and some days, it’s hard to hit your fat macro goals. Fat bombs are an easy solution to
being under target on your fat intake, just pop one in your mouth and rack up those fat calories. Each bomb yields 15 grams of fat, with only one gram of protein and one gram of carbs. They’re fairly simple to make, don’t take forever, and they’re pretty yummy!
Fat bombs are also a great way to tackle your sweet cravings. If you are like a lot of people we grew up with sugar. Sugar, or high fructose corn syrup, is in most processed foods and I don’t care what the government or the food industry says, sugar is addictive! In fact I believe that sugar addiction is the leading cause of obesity in America which leads to many other health issues that we as a society are currently dealing with. You would think that the FDA would keep such a harmful substance from poisoning society on such a large scale but, money is more important than Americans health. Sorry, this post was not meant to rant about the food industry. That topic along with numerous other travesties will be in other posts.
Anyway, back to the original point. If you need something to eliminate a sugar craving this is the perfect thing. It will not only satisify your sugar craving but will assist in getting you into ketosis. Something sweet that is keto diet friendly? Can’t beet that!
Here’s how to do it:
What you’ll need:
-4 TBSP coconut oil
-4 TBSP almond butter
-3 heaping TBSP 100% cacao powder
-3 TBSP butter
-2 or 3 packets of sweetener
How to do it:
- The first thing you want to do is combine all the ingredients in a double boiler. Boil the water and let it melt. If you don’t have a double boiler I often just melt the ingredients in a regular sauce pan. Just cook it on low and make sure you stir frequently.
- Once smooth and melted, pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulsate the mixture for about 30 seconds. This adds air and assures it is well combined. If you don’t want to get fancy with adding air and using a blender I have poured the ingredients right from the saucepan into the mini cupcake pan. Actually I pour it into a gravy boat first. This makes it easier to pour it into the cupcake pan. When you skip the blender the fat bombs come out a little more dense so it your preference on the texture you prefer.
- Pour the mixture into an un-greased mini cupcake pan. I also sometimes use the little cupcake paper inserts. This makes it a little easier to pop out of the pan.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes. I generally leave the bombs in the actual pan until I need to make another batch. The less transferring the better. I also keep them in the freezer. Depending on how warm it is in your house they can get melty if left out.
- Once they are firm and set, enjoy!